Dental Implant Restorations in San Francisco, CA
Beautiful Tooth Replacement That Can Last a Lifetime
Whether you’re looking to replace a single tooth, several teeth, or your entire smile, dental implants can provide you with long-lasting results. At Symphony Dental Studio, we place the final crowns for dental implant restorations. Every crown is custom made to blend in naturally with your smile, creating stunning results you can enjoy for years to come. Contact us today to learn about dental implants in San Francisco, CA, and to see how implants can change your smile and your life.
What Is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a titanium post that is surgically inserted into the jaw bone. This post acts as a new tooth root and restores full functionality and stability to the replacement tooth. Dental implants are the only tooth restoration that fuses to the jaw bone, unlike dentures or bridges which rest on the bony ridge or are attached to existing teeth.
After the post heals, a restorative dentist will place your final crown. One dental implant post can typically hold up to three teeth, making dental implants an incredibly versatile option for patients with varying degrees of tooth loss. Patients who wear full dentures often turn to dental implants for a fixed and more convenient solution.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are numerous advantages that dental implants offer over other tooth replacement options, such as:
- They can last a lifetime with proper care.
- There are no removable parts, so you never have to take your teeth out to eat or brush.
- The implant post stimulates the jaw, preventing bone loss and preserving facial structure.
- Many patients qualify for dental implants, even those who have experienced jaw or gum loss.
- They require no special care beyond regular brushing and flossing.
- They are very durable and allow you to enjoy your favorite foods comfortably.
- Our team customizes every crown to blend in naturally with your other teeth.
Dental Implant Procedure
The process of getting an implant will require multiple appointments over several months. The first portion of this process is the dental implant placement. Dental implants are typically placed by oral and maxillofacial surgeons who specialize in surgical procedures and can safely administer anesthesia. Most patients undergo IV sedation during dental implant placement.
After the implant is placed, it will take 3–6 months for the post to fuse with the jaw bone, a process known as osseointegration. You may be given a temporary crown to wear during this healing period. While the implant heals, your dentist will create your final crown which may require several fittings.
Once the implant has fully healed, you are ready for the second portion of this process which is to receive your dental implant restoration. Your dentist will attach the final custom crown to the implant post, completing your dental implant restoration.
Types of Sedation
There are several sedation options available. We will help select the right choice for you depending on your specific needs and treatment.
Options for Tooth Replacement
There are many options to consider when replacing a tooth. During your visit at Symphony Dental Studio, we will discuss all of your options and help determine the right solution for your smile, health, and budget.
- Dental Implants. Dental implants are a popular option for many patients because they contribute to good oral health, look and feel natural, and can last a lifetime. You can receive a single implant anywhere in the mouth, an implant-supported bridge to restore multiple teeth next to each other, or use implants to secure a full denture.
- Dentures. Dentures are a fast way to replace missing teeth. You can receive full or partial dentures depending on how many teeth you need to replace. Having dentures professionally fitted will prevent sores and increase your comfort. Dentures must be removed during eating and brushing and should be replaced every few years due to wear and tear.
- Dental Bridges. Bridges rely on existing teeth for support and prevent nearby teeth from shifting out of place. They restore aesthetics and some functionality to your teeth, but are not as strong as implants. Bridges should be replaced about every 5–15 years due to normal wear and tear.
- No Replacement. Not replacing a missing or failing tooth may poorly affect your overall oral health. Other teeth could shift into the open space and cause misalignment or bite problems. Without a root or implant post, the jaw bone may deteriorate due to lack of stimulation, resulting in bone loss and sagging facial features. If you do not wish to restore your teeth right away, our team can walk you through your options and set up a plan for restoration in the future.
Dental Implant Restorations in San Francisco, CA
Our team of talented dental professionals at Symphony Dental Studio creates and places custom crowns for dental implant restorations in San Francisco, CA. Your smile is unique and we will design your replacement teeth to look beautiful and feel natural in your mouth. Contact us today to learn more about dental implants and to begin your restoration process.
Compassionate Experts Dedicated to Your Dental Health
We want all of our patients to have a comfortable and positive dental experience. Our team is always here to answer questions and provide support throughout your journey to a healthier and happier smile. Contact us today to schedule your appointment or to learn about the range of dental services we offer.